I’ve been daily blogging on this site for 22 months now, almost 2 years.
It’s something that I enjoy doing and I love that I’ve created a space to share my thoughts on various aspects of life and my experiences.
However, I’ve recently started thinking about what changes I could make to this site and how I can make it better.
One of the first things that came to mind was posting less. In the past couple of weeks, I’ve found myself not enjoying posting so often. I began thinking about how much I could improve the site if I was no longer sharing a new piece every day and I relaised that maybe it’s time for me to quit daily blogging.
Perhaps you’re in a similar position to me or maybe you are just curious. Either way, here are a few reasons to quit daily blogging:
- You’re no longer enjoying it
- Your audience is overwhelmed
- The quality of your content is decreasing
- You’re posting out of habit rather than because you have something worth sharing
- You want more time to work on other projects
- You’re not happy with your content
- Posting daily no longer feels beneficial
The beauty of a blog is that you can create your own schedule. You might quit posting daily and realise that all you needed was a break and so maybe after a month you’ll go back to it. However, you might also realise that you’re much happier posting less.